Reward for return of stolen ring
AN Exmouth man is offering a reward to trace his fianc�e s engagement ring which was stolen just weeks after he slipped it on to her finger.
AN Exmouth man is offering a reward to trace his fianc�e's engagement ring which was stolen just weeks after he slipped it on to her finger.
The 41-year-old man hopes the cash reward will secure the return of the much-loved ring - which he designed for his future bride.
Because the ring holds sentimental value, the couple vowed to hand over the cash and ask 'no questions' once it is returned.
The groom-to-be, of Rosebery Road, who does not want to be named said: "As the days go by, we are doing anything we can to get it back."
Just weeks after he presented his 45-year-old care worker fianc�e with the 18-carat white gold, half-carat diamond ring, it was stolen when a brazen burglar walked in the front door of the couple's home and stole the woman's handbag from the foot of the stairs.
Unable to wear her ring to work, the mum-of-two had taken it off and placed it inside the box for safekeeping.
- 1 Flats plan above town Tesco store
- 2 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 3 'Rally for the Raleigh' - plan launched for community to buy village pub
- 4 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 5 Solomon goes to great lengths to help local food bank
- 6 Volunteers help build new shed for Mill Water School
- 7 Exciting Competition Day at the Budleigh Bowls Club
- 8 Citizens Advice: how to read your gas or electricity meter
- 9 Exmouth history: Iron Age and Celtic settlements
- 10 16-year-old among arrests in Christmas drink and drug driving clampdown
The ring's diamond has been in the man's family for 20 years.
Exmouth CID said the ring has a rare hallmark of 'DOM' inscribed inside the band, which makes it instantly recognisable.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Exmouth CID on 08452 777 444, (crime reference: KE/09/3298), or ring Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
To claim the reward contact The Journal on (01392) 888507.