Reward for return of stolen ring
AN Exmouth man is offering a reward to trace his fianc�e s engagement ring which was stolen just weeks after he slipped it on to her finger.
AN Exmouth man is offering a reward to trace his fianc�e's engagement ring which was stolen just weeks after he slipped it on to her finger.
The 41-year-old man hopes the cash reward will secure the return of the much-loved ring - which he designed for his future bride.
Because the ring holds sentimental value, the couple vowed to hand over the cash and ask 'no questions' once it is returned.
The groom-to-be, of Rosebery Road, who does not want to be named said: "As the days go by, we are doing anything we can to get it back."
You may also want to watch:
Just weeks after he presented his 45-year-old care worker fianc�e with the 18-carat white gold, half-carat diamond ring, it was stolen when a brazen burglar walked in the front door of the couple's home and stole the woman's handbag from the foot of the stairs.
Unable to wear her ring to work, the mum-of-two had taken it off and placed it inside the box for safekeeping.
- 1 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 2 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 5 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 6 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 7 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 8 Repair cafe opens again
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
The ring's diamond has been in the man's family for 20 years.
Exmouth CID said the ring has a rare hallmark of 'DOM' inscribed inside the band, which makes it instantly recognisable.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Exmouth CID on 08452 777 444, (crime reference: KE/09/3298), or ring Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
To claim the reward contact The Journal on (01392) 888507.