Reverse Advent Calendar campaign receives overwhelming support
- Credit: Archant
An innovative way to donate to people in need has received overwhelming support from the Exmouth community.
It seems the season of good will has started early in Exmouth as a charity has been overwhelmed with support for its Reverse Advent Calendar campaign.
This month saw the launch of Open Door Exmouth’s Reverse Advent Calendar, a creative way for people to give to those in need this Christmas.
Supporters have been encouraged to take a box or hamper, add an item from a suggested list every day of Advent, then to take it to the Open Door Centre on Christmas Eve, where staff arrange distribution on Christmas Day.
Projects director for Open Door Exmouth, Helen Tribble, said: “It looks like we might need more storage space. We are so encouraged by the level of support in our community; we’ve even got a full list of volunteers for our Christmas Day meal, already.
You may also want to watch:
“So whether you’ve fundraised for us, donated (or planning to donate), given through Co-op, or signed up to volunteer with us, thank you all.”
- 1 Proper Fish and Chips expanding into Cranbrook
- 2 Fears over ‘seafront nightclub’ alleyed following licensing application concerns
- 3 ‘Light at the end of the tunnel’ for East Devon’s top attractions
- 4 Exmouth residents urged to have their say on WPD’s five-year plan
- 5 Builders merchant encouraging businesses to support Exmouth mental health organisation
- 6 Jurassic Fibre installs 10Gbps connection to Winslade Park
- 7 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
- 8 Exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Mikeys Beach Bar
- 9 LED Leisure Centres ready to reopen
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock