Residents can have their say on estuary
RESIDENTS get the chance to have a say about what should be on the estuary site on Imperial Way with a consultation exercise – and first stop is the Community College.
RESIDENTS get the chance to have a say about what should be on the estuary site on Imperial Way with a consultation exercise - and first stop is the Community College.
The site sandwiched between the lorry park and the sports centre car park was up until last January the proposed site of a new Asda superstore.
The Exmouth Citizens' Forum campaigned against the plans partly because of a perceived lack of consultation with the public, and now they want to give residents a chance to have their say.
It follows a similar display on the Maer over the summer and Diane Hill of ECF said: "A large scale Community Plan showing the estuary site will be at a number of locations in the town.
You may also want to watch:
"People can put their ideas for what they think would benefit the town on to the Plan.
"The most popular ten ideas will be presented to the Exmouth Community Organisations Liaison Panel to help shape the future of the estuary site.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 3 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 4 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 5 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 6 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 7 Royal Marines Charity gets donation from Devon-based roofing firm
- 8 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 9 Exmouth’s Deaf Academy recognised for ‘outstanding use’ of technology during lockdown
- 10 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
"First stop is the Community College so that young people can have their say."
Over the next few months the Plan will visit the library, town hall, Market, Blackmore Theatre, Tower Street Church.
More locations are wanted so anyone who can offer a room with easy access should contact Diane Hill on: (01395) 265996.