Repair Café not returning to Exmouth in 2020
- Credit: Jean Holden
Exmouth’s repair café will not be reopening this year, organisers have confirmed.
The monthly events at All Saints Church hall, in Exeter Road, offered people a chance to get advice from volunteers on how to fix their items in a social atmosphere.
However, following the coronavirus outbreak, the monthly cafes had to be cancelled.
Organisers have now confirmed the events will not return in 2020 but the situation will be reviewed in the New Year.
Jean Holden, coordinator of Exmouth Repair Café, said: “The volunteers really miss the monthly openings.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s not just the actual repairs being important but the social and café side as well.
“We enjoy meeting and chatting to the folk who come in and hearing about the stories behind the items in need of a fix.”
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 3 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 6 Put the kettle on to support your local hospice
- 7 ‘We’re here to help’ - eMAG’s volunteers ready to help during latest lockdown
- 8 Exeter City Community Trust stepping up again
- 9 Community energy funding helps TRIP coordinate thousands of requests for support
- 10 Budleigh Freemasons support the visually impaired
Anyone who wants advice for broken items should post details on the Facebook page with supporting photographs if possible.