Recycling roadshow to hit Budleigh
East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) recycling exhibition will be at Budleigh Salterton’s Public Hall on Friday October 15, showcasing to the public how the new system will work.
East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) recycling exhibition will be at the Public Hall from 10am until noon in a bid to showcase how the new system will work.
Manning the roadshows will be EDDC officers and ward members, who will demonstrate the new waste containers and answer questions people may have about the new service.
Councillor David Cox, EDDC’s portfolio holder responsible for the waste and recycling service, said: “We know from experience that any major change like this makes some people concerned and uncomfortable at first. That is why we are putting a lot of effort into providing information leaflets and roadshows so people can find out what they need to know before the change takes place.
“We all need to do as much as we can for the environment. It’s vital that we reduce landfill and increase the number and volume of the materials that we recycle.
You may also want to watch:
“Councils play a large part in this by collecting and processing the waste, but we can’t do anything without the help and co-operation of our residents.”
In addition to the roadshows and the leaflet campaign, information is also available at http://www.eastdevon.gov.uk/recycling_and_refuse
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 9 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 10 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
There is also a telephone helpline (01395) 571 515 and members of EDDC’s StreetScene team will be available to speak to or visit residents who have any concerns about the new system.