Recycle your Christmas trees at one of the many East Devon events in the new year
PUBLISHED: 13:49 12 December 2017 | UPDATED: 14:05 20 December 2017
Recycle your Christmas tree at one of eight events being held in the New year across East Devon.
Residents will have the choice of a number of different locations across the district where they can take their tree to be shredded in early January. The chippings will then be sent to be used in local parks and gardens across the East Devon.
Residents can take their tree along to one of the following recycling events:
• Imperial Road car park, Exmouth on Wednesday, January 3 from 8.30am to 2pm.
• Manor Road, Sidmouth on Friday, January 5 from 8.30am to 12 noon.
• Lace Walk car park, Honiton on Thursday, January 4 from 8.30am to 11.30am.
• Land of Canaan car park, Ottery St Mary on Thursday, January 4 from 12.30pm to 2.30pm.
• West Street car park, Axminster on Wednesday, January 3 from 12.30pm to 2.30pm.
• Lime Kiln, Budleigh Salterton on Thursday, January 4 from 8.30am to 11.30am.
• Victory Hall Broadclyst on Thursday, January 4 from 12.30pm to 2.30pm.
• Harbour Road car park, Seaton on Wednesday, January 3 from 8.30am to 11.30am.
Anyone wanting more information on the seasonal changes to East Devon District Council’s recycling and waste collections can visit eastdevon.gov.uk/recycling-and-rubbish/christmas-collections-2017 for more.
Householders can also find out about their collections by putting their postcode in to the ‘when is my bin collected’ area on the council’s website.
Don’t forget to recycle your Christmas wrapping paper too. Although shiny, metallic and glitter paper won’t be accepted.
Call East Devon’s recycling and waste service on 01395 571515 for more information.