Record-breaking Lympstone sports day
SCHOOL records were broken when young athletes from Lympstone took part in their school s sports day. Senior school children from St Peters in Harefield, competed in the event on Friday, June 26. Sam Talbot beat the previous best time in the under 12 hurd
SCHOOL records were broken when young athletes from Lympstone took part in their school's sports day.
Senior school children from St Peters in Harefield, competed in the event on Friday, June 26.
Sam Talbot beat the previous best time in the under 12 hurdles event and Anya Turner broke the high jump record in the under 12 girls section.
Ben Oliphant-Thompson set a new discus record in the under 12 boys category and Harry Michelmore set a new hurdles best for the open boys division.
The sports day, held in sunny weather, was attended by parents and relatives of pupils aged between nine and 13.
Meanwhile, children competed in the national prep school athletics final in Birmingham on Monday, June 29.
- 1 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 2 Bailiffs instructed to evict caravans from Exmouth site ‘as soon as possible’
- 3 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival
- 4 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
- 5 Ladram Bay to feature in 'staycation' TV show
- 6 Exmouth launderette donating duvet charge to Save the Children
- 7 Aviation industry is key to realising dream of a highly-skilled South West
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Budleigh Lions support town's new community larder
- 10 Exmouth talking newspaper hold first meeting since pandemic
Shannon Beverely was successful in the under 14 discus competition. Jade Broadhurst, Ben Oliphant-Thompson and Beth Reade also took part.