Record-breaking Lympstone sports day
SCHOOL records were broken when young athletes from Lympstone took part in their school s sports day. Senior school children from St Peters in Harefield, competed in the event on Friday, June 26. Sam Talbot beat the previous best time in the under 12 hurd
SCHOOL records were broken when young athletes from Lympstone took part in their school's sports day.
Senior school children from St Peters in Harefield, competed in the event on Friday, June 26.
Sam Talbot beat the previous best time in the under 12 hurdles event and Anya Turner broke the high jump record in the under 12 girls section.
Ben Oliphant-Thompson set a new discus record in the under 12 boys category and Harry Michelmore set a new hurdles best for the open boys division.
You may also want to watch:
The sports day, held in sunny weather, was attended by parents and relatives of pupils aged between nine and 13.
Meanwhile, children competed in the national prep school athletics final in Birmingham on Monday, June 29.
- 1 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 2 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
- 3 Topsham events planned after latest stop on lockdown roadmap
- 4 Topsham is one of the best places to live - its official
- 5 Exmouth residents urged to have their say on WPD’s five-year plan
- 6 Jurassic Fibre installs 10Gbps connection to Winslade Park
- 7 Builders merchant encouraging businesses to support Exmouth mental health organisation
- 8 Exmouth RNLI called to rescue Kayaker
- 9 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
- 10 Exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Mikeys Beach Bar
Shannon Beverely was successful in the under 14 discus competition. Jade Broadhurst, Ben Oliphant-Thompson and Beth Reade also took part.