Record-breaking amount raised for Topsham poppy appeal
GENEROUS Topsham residents have helped raise a record-breaking amount for the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal. John Pentreath, county manager for the British legion, said the town had raised �6985 for this year s appeal – nearly double what was gathered
GENEROUS Topsham residents have helped raise a record-breaking amount for the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal.
John Pentreath, county manager for the British legion, said the town had raised �6985 for this year's appeal - nearly double what was gathered four years ago.
He said: "The amount has gone up every year. It is testament to the public's sympathy for our armed forces and I think it has a lot to do with what is going on in Afghanistan.
"Topsham residents, quite clearly, have been very supportive towards the work we do.
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to thank people who did the work and members of the public who gave money.
"It has, in fact, been a good year for fundraising in the whole of Devon.
- 1 Exmouth Town mourn former manager
- 2 Budleigh couple’s book detailing their South American adventures
- 3 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 4 Mrs B marks 10 years with All Saints Pre-school
- 5 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Exmouth’s Deaf Academy recognised for ‘outstanding use’ of technology during lockdown
- 8 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 9 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 10 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer