‘Rare’ chance to buy Budleigh cliff top land
A ‘rare’ opportunity to buy land on the cliff top at Budleigh Salterton is expected to attract ‘strong’ interest, say the plot’s development agent.
The development department of Savills’ Exeter Office has been instructed to market a building plot near in the residential area of Sherbrook Hill.
The agents said they expected interest to be strong because of the ‘prime’ residential area and ‘rare’ opportunity of the sale.
Mark Chugg, of Savills Exeter, said: “It is less than half a kilometre from East Devon Golf Club and less than one kilometre from the beach.
“Added to that it’s close to Budleigh Salterton, which is in the heart of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and also on the Jurassic coastline.
You may also want to watch:
“We expect strong interest from investors and developers alike.”
The site extends to approximately 0.2 hectares (0.47 acres) and has full detailed planning permission for a building plot.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 3 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 4 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 5 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 6 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 7 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 8 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
The site is currently being offered for sale by informal tender, with a deadline of 5pm on Friday November 19.
The agents said the site was previously the garden of the adjoining property and has planning consent for a detached two storey house, garage and a new access.
The proposed home will include a dining room with garden room, kitchen with larder and utility and garage with stores.
There will be a first floor master bedroom suite, a further bedroom with en-suite bathroom, bathroom and two further bedrooms.
The proposed house will extend to approximately 280 sq m (3,016 sq ft) GIA together with a garage (including stores) of approximately 48 sq m (515 sq ft).