Questioning charity spend
I have read, with interest, the letter from the chairman of Age Concern and agree with his comments.
Each day this week an 8” x 2” column-wide advertisement has appeared in the Daily Telegraph.
Now, I do not wish my donation to Help the Aged to be spent on media advertising, but on the needy.
I find the use of charity donations to merchandise items, to say the least, odious!
My future donations will, I am sorry to say, find alternatives to support.
87 Fore Street, Exmouth.
- 1 Met Office weather warning for wind in East Devon
- 2 Dramatic rock fall at Budleigh beach prompts warnings of further collapses
- 3 Santa's sleigh and Family Fun Run: Exmouth Rotary announces Christmas events
- 4 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 5 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 6 It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas as lights are on in Exmouth
- 7 Awesome Aaron earns Exmouth win with a worldie
- 8 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Show of kindness helps keep people from going hungry this Christmas