New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
- Credit: East Devon District Council
There will be water rides, a fun fair and miniature railway at Exmouth seafront this summer.
The three event providers are thrilled to be setting up shop at the Queen’s Drive Space for residents and visitors alike to enjoy for the next six months, between May and October.
Bubble of Fun will be bringing two water-based rides; water walking balls that allow riders to walk, run and crawl on water in a transparent bubble ball and bumper boats allowing children to independently sail in the safety of an inflatable pool.
As previously reported in the Journal, Exmouth Miniature Railway will also be bringing their 10 ¼ gauge diesel train named Exmouth Express along with their giant railway track to the space.
As well as this, Devey Funfair will also be bringing a selection of children’s rides, including dodgems and the twister ride to be enjoyed by the whole family.
The Queen’s Drive Space, run by East Devon District Council, also features a children’s play park and has a number of food and drink vendors.
Businesses including Kenniford Farm, LED’s Ocean Beach Shack, Shakers, Big Bear Coffee are all going to be part of the Queen’s Drive Space.
- 1 Town centre improvements will go forward for funding bid
- 2 Man rescued in Lyme Bay after fishing boat 'sinks without trace'
- 3 Plans for new MP for Exmouth under discussion
- 4 Exmouth Harriers tackle the hills
- 5 Urgent clarity is needed on international travel
- 6 Exciting new era begins at Budleigh Salterton
- 7 Police performed largest security operation in the force’s history
- 8 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 9 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 10 Safety teams collaborate for event to help save lives
Exmouth business Moores Pasties are ‘coming soon’
There is also a giant sandpit and plenty of space for everyone to sit and enjoy.
May: Devey Funfair and the miniature railway will be open on the weekends and bank holidays.
June: Devey Fun Fair and the miniature railway will be open on weekends and during half term.
July: Devey Fun Fair and Bubble of Fun will be open on weekends. The miniature railway will be open all weekends except July 24 and 25. All three will be open for the start of the school holidays.
August: Devey Fun Fair and Bubble of Fun will be open for every day of the school holidays. The miniature railway will be open on the following dates: 1-6, 8-12, 16-31.
September: Devey Fun Fair and Bubble of Fun will be open for end of summer holidays and on weekends. The miniature railway will be open on the following date: 1-3, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26.
October: All three will be open on weekends and at half term.
For more information visit www.queensdrivespace.co.uk