Pupils enjoy new library at Woodbury school
YOUNG bookworms from Woodbury Primary School are in high spirits after their library reopened following a facelift. In a joint project involving the school, governing body and the PTFA, the library has been given a complete upgrade. It is now based in two
YOUNG bookworms from Woodbury Primary School are in high spirits after their library reopened following a facelift.
In a joint project involving the school, governing body and the PTFA, the library has been given a complete upgrade.
It is now based in two rooms with a larger fiction area, fitted out with attractive new shelving and display units.
Head teacher Nigel Tancock said there was more than 800 new books at the library - titles which were all chosen by the children.
He said: "There was much anticipation as we waited for the new books to be delivered - they eventually arrived at the end of the term.
"With help from a librarian from the school library service and a number of parents, the new books have been attractively shelved.
- 1 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 2 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 3 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 4 Proposal for a permanent beach volleyball pitch on an East Devon beach
- 5 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 6 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 7 Man in court over alleged 'threat' to Exmouth police officer
- 8 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 La La Choirs in full voice to support children's hospice
"There has already been a great deal of enthusiasm with children keen to choose from the exciting range of titles available. Feedback has been extremely positive.
"A survey showed the children are all very keen to borrow the new books and 95 per cent of them said they would be trying something new to read as a result of the changes.
"We would like to say a big thank you to all of those involved in funding this amazing asset to our school.