Pub raises charity funds
An Exmouth pub has held a charity fun day in aid of Exmouth and Lympstone Hospiscare.
The Country House Inn in Withycombe put on a range of entertainment, including a Duck Race, a bouncy castle, bingo, live music and a barbecue.
The day was organised as part of a series of events to help Hospiscare, which the pub has named as its charity of the year.
Their next event will be a ‘sponsored slim’ involving five members of staff in the run-up to Christmas.
Hospiscare’s Pam Warren described the effort as “brilliant”, and said: “For one pub to do that was amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re delighted, and we hope other pubs will think it’s a good idea to help us as well.”
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 5 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 East Budleigh 'B' continue their unbeaten snooker start