Proud to donate money to H4H
Following our successful Cadets Fun Run for Heroes , which raised (an amended total of) �2,683 for Help for Heroes (H4H), Exmouth Lions club received an acknowledgement and thanks for their donation.
Following our successful 'Cadets Fun Run for Heroes', which raised (an amended total of) �2,683 for Help for Heroes (H4H), Exmouth Lions club received an acknowledgement and thanks for their donation.
The letter included a very good description of what H4H does with its funds and we felt the people of Exmouth and local area, who were so supportive, would like to know how their sponsorship money will be used. Their letter has been paraphrased below.
Help for Heroes was launched in October 2007 for the people of this country who wanted an outlet to show their support for our wounded servicemen and women. This meant, for example, they could fund the building of facilities such as the �8 million H4H rehabilitation complex at Headley Court; �3.5 million to Combat Stress to deal with the mental effects of war and such things as funding welfare packs for the hospitals, plus supporting the wonderful work done by the Battle Back Programme.
Their latest fundraising appeal of �20 million is for recovery centres which, although the project is being led by the army, will be available to members of all services on a case by case basis.
You may also want to watch:
Our Lions hope you agree that H4H complements the marvellous work done - on an individual basis - by similar organisations, but with H4H providing more of the rehabilitation facilities and specialist skills rather than day to day items. Exmouth Lions club is proud to have handed over every penny raised to help H4H in their endeavours on your behalf.
And, if those cadets are keen enough, we may do something similar this year. In the meantime, we have a Duck Race to organise on Easter Sunday ...!
- 1 David puts big business career on ice to return to his seafront roots
- 2 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 3 Sun helps volunteers shine a light on town's blooming brilliant look
- 4 Tri-Hard Runners brave the heat
- 5 Gold medal for East Devon powerlifter
- 6 Farewell for councillor who worked tirelessly for his constituents
- 7 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 8 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 9 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 10 Joint initiative Is big bowls success
Exmouth Lions Club