Protect old shop fronts
I?READ?your article last week:? Save the old shop front . Regarding the town planners decision not to back plans for a make-over of 23 Exeter Road, Exmouth, it is hoped the district planners will follow suit and preserve the town s architecture.
I?READ?your article last week:?"Save the old shop front".
Regarding the town planners' decision not to back plans for a make-over of 23 Exeter Road, Exmouth, it is hoped the district planners will follow suit and preserve the town's architecture.
The distinctive green tile fascia of Pickett's fish shop has been in Exeter Road since the 1920s, run, firstly, by my grandparents, then my parents until the late 1960s.
Exmouth has many wonderful, old buildings which add character to the town and we should not let the modern 'plastic look' take over and spoil our heritage.
You may also want to watch:
55 The Marles, Exmouth.
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Budleigh's community workshop is proud of its heritage
- 5 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 6 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 7 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 8 Auctioneers are becoming more accessible by utilising new technology
- 9 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 10 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games