Protect old shop fronts
I?READ?your article last week:? Save the old shop front . Regarding the town planners decision not to back plans for a make-over of 23 Exeter Road, Exmouth, it is hoped the district planners will follow suit and preserve the town s architecture.
I?READ?your article last week:?"Save the old shop front".
Regarding the town planners' decision not to back plans for a make-over of 23 Exeter Road, Exmouth, it is hoped the district planners will follow suit and preserve the town's architecture.
The distinctive green tile fascia of Pickett's fish shop has been in Exeter Road since the 1920s, run, firstly, by my grandparents, then my parents until the late 1960s.
Exmouth has many wonderful, old buildings which add character to the town and we should not let the modern 'plastic look' take over and spoil our heritage.
You may also want to watch:
55 The Marles, Exmouth.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 4 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 5 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 6 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 7 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 8 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 9 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- 10 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase