Protect old shop fronts
I?READ?your article last week:? Save the old shop front . Regarding the town planners decision not to back plans for a make-over of 23 Exeter Road, Exmouth, it is hoped the district planners will follow suit and preserve the town s architecture.
I?READ?your article last week:?"Save the old shop front".
Regarding the town planners' decision not to back plans for a make-over of 23 Exeter Road, Exmouth, it is hoped the district planners will follow suit and preserve the town's architecture.
The distinctive green tile fascia of Pickett's fish shop has been in Exeter Road since the 1920s, run, firstly, by my grandparents, then my parents until the late 1960s.
Exmouth has many wonderful, old buildings which add character to the town and we should not let the modern 'plastic look' take over and spoil our heritage.
You may also want to watch:
55 The Marles, Exmouth.
- 1 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 2 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 3 The discovery of unusual items in the search for crucial paperwork - Paul Nero
- 4 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 5 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 6 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 7 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping