Protect old shop fronts
I?READ?your article last week:? Save the old shop front . Regarding the town planners decision not to back plans for a make-over of 23 Exeter Road, Exmouth, it is hoped the district planners will follow suit and preserve the town s architecture.
I?READ?your article last week:?"Save the old shop front".
Regarding the town planners' decision not to back plans for a make-over of 23 Exeter Road, Exmouth, it is hoped the district planners will follow suit and preserve the town's architecture.
The distinctive green tile fascia of Pickett's fish shop has been in Exeter Road since the 1920s, run, firstly, by my grandparents, then my parents until the late 1960s.
Exmouth has many wonderful, old buildings which add character to the town and we should not let the modern 'plastic look' take over and spoil our heritage.
You may also want to watch:
55 The Marles, Exmouth.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 John and Grace run for the heart
- 6 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 7 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 8 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 9 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon