The sheer arrogance and presumption of the Exmouth Chamber of Trade is breathtaking.
Despite local councillors voting against planning permission of The Strand ‘spaceship’ building and over 30 local shops protesting about the development, the chamber has decided to ignore all of that over a nice networking lunch.
They have decided to form a consortium of businesses to help run and finance part of the building and support it, wholeheartedly expecting it to be built. The same organisation which is supposed to help local traders.
What of the support or understanding to traders who fear they will go out of business as a result of The Strand building going ahead? What about riding roughshod over democratic local decisions? It is a disgrace!
I would be interested to know if all the chambers members were consulted on this issue.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 4 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 10 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common