Prank skatepark signs in Strand
Prank signs were put up in the Strand Gardens over the weekend stating ‘this is a skate park.’
The three signs, each bearing a fake county council logo, were posted above head height on three lampposts encircling the war memorial.
Strand traders and residents have complained that since the reopening of the Strand earlier this year that skate boarders had been using the war memorial and the new street furniture for skateboard ‘tricks’.
Jacqui Heywood of Franklins said: “I don’t know who it is – maybe it’s skaters trying to claim the area as their own.
“The county council should know if their logo is being used.”
You may also want to watch:
A county spokesman has confirmed that the signs were not placed by them.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon