Praise for Brix teacher Mike
On reading your paper, I was very sad to see that a former teacher, Mike Vincent, had passed away. Mike Vincent was a teacher of mine at Brixington Junior School (many years ago).
On reading your paper, I was very sad to see that a former teacher, Mike Vincent, had passed away.
Mike Vincent was a teacher of mine at Brixington Junior School (many years ago). He was, without a doubt, the best teacher I ever had, a view many would agree with.
He was larger than life with a voice to match, if he shouted at you! But he was also a kind, patient and funny man, who never walked home on his own, as many of his pupils, and some from other classes, would wait to escort him home.
I would like to express my condolences to his family and express my gratitude for being among the lucky pupils he taught.
You may also want to watch:
Amanda Miller (nee Royston),
16 Green Close, Exmouth.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon