Praise for Brix teacher Mike
On reading your paper, I was very sad to see that a former teacher, Mike Vincent, had passed away. Mike Vincent was a teacher of mine at Brixington Junior School (many years ago).
On reading your paper, I was very sad to see that a former teacher, Mike Vincent, had passed away.
Mike Vincent was a teacher of mine at Brixington Junior School (many years ago). He was, without a doubt, the best teacher I ever had, a view many would agree with.
He was larger than life with a voice to match, if he shouted at you! But he was also a kind, patient and funny man, who never walked home on his own, as many of his pupils, and some from other classes, would wait to escort him home.
I would like to express my condolences to his family and express my gratitude for being among the lucky pupils he taught.
Amanda Miller (nee Royston),
16 Green Close, Exmouth.
- 1 Fears over future of Methodist church
- 2 More than 600 jobs up for grabs at Travelodge - including in South West
- 3 Property of the Week: Lower Broad Oak Road, West Hill
- 4 Lympstone man takes on 3,000-mile rowing challenge
- 5 Live grenade training to resume on Woodbury Common from next month
- 6 New assistant chief constables at Devon and Cornwall Police
- 7 Win keeps Exmouth Town second with games in hand
- 8 Exmouth history: Roman Devon and the arrival of Saxons
- 9 Strong demand for properties continues into the new year
- 10 Exmouth care home launches new grant to tackle loneliness