Power plant plans for land on outskirts of Exmouth
- Credit: Google/Getty Images
A planning application has been submitted to provide 20 self-contained generators on land south of Woodbury Business Park
A new power plant could be built on the outskirts of Exmouth, new plans have revealed.
A planning application has been submitted on behalf of Plutus Energy Group for 20 self-contained natural gas engine-driven electricity generators on land South of Woodbury Business Park.
The application has already drawn two objections with one saying it contravenes both the National Planning Policy Framework and the other calling it ‘totally inappropriate’ for this part of East Devon.
However, East Devon District Council’s environmental health department has said the power plant would have a ‘low impact’ on the nearest residential properties.
You may also want to watch:
Woodbury Parish Council is set to be consulted and the deadline for consultation is Friday, May 10.
East Devon District Council will make the final decision.
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 6 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 7 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 8 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Risk and opportunities even when moving house - Sandra Sampson