East Devon postcodes named Postcode Lottery luckiest
- Credit: Darren Casey / Peoples Postcode
We all know people with an Exeter postcode are lucky - a beautiful part of the world, including East Devon, Exeter and more.
But now it is official - those with an 'EX' postcode are the luckiest when it comes to winning on the Postcode Lottery.
Slingo, which makes online games including bingo, compiled the stats.
And EX wasn't the only south west postcode to make the list, with TQ (Torquay) and TA (Taunton) also in the top 10.
Here are the top 10 'luckiest' postcodes in the UK:
1. EX (Exeter)
2. TF (Telford)
3. SY (Shrewsbury)
4. DL (Darlington)
5. LL (Llandudno)
6. TA (Taunton)
7. LA (Lancaster)
8. TQ (Torquay)
9. SA (Swansea)
10. HR (Hereford)
The EX postcode area has seen 454 wins on the Postcode Lottery, which works out at 82.9 wins per 100,000 people.
- 1 Councillors formally support bid for levelling up fund
- 2 Hilary Mantel's desk fetches more than £4,000 at auction
- 3 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 4 Comedian Jason Bryne announces Exmouth date
- 5 Angry passenger keyed a car in disabled parking dispute
- 6 Lympstone school rated 'good' at latest Ofsted report
- 7 Do you remember the general election of 1979?
- 8 Hard yards on and off the pitch for Exmouth Town
- 9 Urgent help needed alleviate ambulance and hospital emergencies
- 10 Art exhibition celebrates Jurassic coastline
Torquay saw 209 wins (74.3 per 100,000) and Taunton 248 (77 per 100,000).
Visit https://www.slingo.com/blog/lifestyle-news/the-luckiest-index/ for the full list.