Post your pothole problems online
Following the severe winter weather, we are calling on readers to report potholes.
Record numbers of potholes were filled on Devon’s roads last year and there are concerns that this winter’s harsh weather could cause similar damage.
The latest cold spell and recent thaw has seen potholes starting to appear and highways teams are carrying out temporary repairs to ensure the county’s roads remain as safe as possible.
We are calling for people to report any potholes in their roads or on their route to work, and highlight them on this website.
When you visit the site, click on the link and highlight the pothole’s location on the map, where you will already see some that we have already found.
You may also want to watch:
Feel free to send in your pictures to add to the website and we will highlight the issue with the county council.
Councillor Stuart Hughes, Devon County Council cabinet member for highways and transportation, said: “It’s too early to predict to what extent the recent severe weather may have damaged our roads, but it’s likely to have again caused considerable damage for a third winter in a row.
- 1 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 4 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 5 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 6 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 7 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 8 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
“We still need the public to be our eyes and ears and report potholes to us because our road network is a vital asset for the local economy, local business and tourism.
“Our teams are responding to these reports and, over the coming weeks and months, we’ll be keeping a watchful eye on the situation.”
Devon County Council repaired nearly 200,000 potholes and safety defects on its 8,000 mile network in 2010, as around �11 million was spent on reactive repairs and resurfacing highways damaged by last winter.
That dwarfs the 40,000 potholes filled in 2009 - double the usual amount during a normal year.
Potholes and safety defects on the county’s roads can also be reported online at www.devon.gov.uk or by calling 0845 1551004