Portuguese artist to visit Budleigh
AN EXHIBITION of contemporary art is to be held in Budleigh Salterton. The work of Portuguese artist Paula Rego will be on display at the Brook Gallery, on Fore Street, between Sunday, July 12, and Monday, August 10. A private viewing-session, with artist
AN EXHIBITION of contemporary art is to be held in Budleigh Salterton.
The work of Portuguese artist Paula Rego will be on display at the Brook Gallery, on Fore Street, between Sunday, July 12, and Monday, August 10.
A private viewing-session, with artist Chris Orr, takes place on Saturday, July 11.
Paula, born in Lisbon, Portugal, in 1935, travelled to England in the 1950s to study at the Slade School of Fine Art in London.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the Brook Gallery said Paula was one of the leading artists working today.
"This portfolio of work celebrates her independent approach to the print medium and to its long association with storytelling and beautiful etchings released this year."
- 1 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 2 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 3 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 6 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 7 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 8 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 9 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 10 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
The spokesperson added: "She cleverly entwines her own experiences with those of dreams and fantasies.
"Gleaned from the frailties of life and exploring the struggles between men and women, this series of original prints is inspired by modern and classic literature and the political and social realities of today."
The exhibition is open from 10.30am to 5pm except on Sunday when the viewing is closed in the mornings.