Pop-up art gallery set for town
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth art fans are in for a seasonal treat with the opening of a new pop-up gallery.
The Fine Art Gallery, in Church Street, is the brainchild of Exmouth artists Mark Loman and Simon Ashby.
Initially, the gallery will be open between November 23 and December 24, selling original paintings, mostly depicting Exmouth and the surrounding area, and limited edition prints and cards.
However, if it proves to be a hit, Mark says it may return on a seasonal basis, and could eventually be full time.
He said: “I’ve had lots of exhibitions at my house before, but people don’t really like to go to your home, and I felt I needed more of a proper gallery really.
You may also want to watch:
“I was walking past one and I thought ‘I wonder how these pop-up shops work’.
“It was Simon who said about doing a Christmas exhibition, and the next day we found this place.
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 6 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 7 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 8 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 9 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 10 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
“It’s been a whirlwind really during the last three weeks, We’re really chuffed to find this. It’s all systems go, and it’s exciting.”
The gallery, opposite the Post Office in Church Street, will be opening on November 23 at noon.
On the opening day there will be a chance to win an original painting in a live raffle at 1pm.
Mark will also be painting in the gallery on occasion, details of which can be found at www.markloman.co.uk and www.facebook.com/MarkLomanFineArt.