Pool prices are too high
I have recently moved to Exmouth and, like many others at this time of year, I am trying to get fitter. On Monday, I went to Exmouth swimming pool and was shocked with the cost. I had to pay �1.70 to park, then �2.50 to put my daughter into creche and f
I have recently moved to Exmouth and, like many others at this time of year, I am trying to get fitter.
On Monday, I went to Exmouth swimming pool and was shocked with the cost. I had to pay �1.70 to park, then �2.50 to put my daughter into creche and finally �4.80 to swim.
So, in order for me to exercise for 30 minutes, it cost me �9.
I cannot see how Leisure East Devon can justify �4.80 for a swim: There were not enough cubicles to change in, so I had to use the communal area, the locker key wouldn't fasten properly and there was no hairdryer.
You may also want to watch:
It costs �3.15 to swim at Plymouth Central Park pool, where parking is free, there are ample cubicles, decent lockers and hairdryers. Plymouth residents can receive further discount by using their Plym cards. What a shame for Exmouth residents that we are being charged so much and so many are unable to access the pool at these prices.
- 1 David puts big business career on ice to return to his seafront roots
- 2 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 3 Sun helps volunteers shine a light on town's blooming brilliant look
- 4 Tri-Hard Runners brave the heat
- 5 Gold medal for East Devon powerlifter
- 6 Farewell for councillor who worked tirelessly for his constituents
- 7 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 8 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 9 Joint initiative Is big bowls success
- 10 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
40 Lawn Road,