Police patrols to increase on The Maer
The police are cracking down on boozy youngsters caught on The Maer. The police warning comes after an increase in drunken anti-social behaviour at the beauty spot.
Police patrols on The Maer are being stepped up after an increase in reports of anti-social behaviour.
Officers say youngsters have been spotted drinking alcohol near the new play park.
The police said they will be cracking down on underage youths caught drinking booze.
Police community support officer Malcolm Maguire said: “This is being addressed by increase patrols by the neighbourhood teams, response officers, specials and specialist anti-social behaviour teams.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also ensuring that alcohol education awareness is delivered by us and other partner agencies such as Exmouth Community College.
“This problem also has a knock-on effect as East Devon District Council has to ensure the area is safe for the public use.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon