Police issue fresh appeal over Topsham mum attack
POLICE have issued a fresh plea for information about an incident in which a Topsham mum was left battered and bruised in a vicious attack. Devon and Cornwall police are continuing to appeal for information after a 22-year-old was assaulted by two teenag
POLICE have issued a fresh plea for information about an incident in which a Topsham mum was left battered and bruised in a vicious attack.
Devon and Cornwall police are continuing to appeal for information after a 22-year-old was assaulted by two teenager girls near St Sidwell's Church, in Sidwell Street, Exeter, on August 30.
PC Beth Chown, investigating the incident, said what happened was a 'nasty, random attack'.
The mother was allegedly set upon following a homophobic verbal attack against her 21-year-old brother.
You may also want to watch:
Police said she was hit over the head with a hard object as she tried to flee her attackers after they turned on her for standing up for him.
The woman has since vowed never to go out in Exeter again.
- 1 Mrs B marks 10 years with All Saints Pre-school
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 4 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 5 Royal Marines Charity gets donation from Devon-based roofing firm
- 6 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 7 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 8 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
- 9 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 10 Exmouth’s Deaf Academy recognised for ‘outstanding use’ of technology during lockdown
The teenage girls are both described as having dark hair.
Anyone with information about the attack, which took place between 3.30am and 4am, should call Devon and Cornwall police on 08452 777444, quoting crime reference number DE/09/9633.