Police appeal over Lympstone assault
DETECTIVES are appealing for information after a 38-year-old Lympstone man was assaulted in the village at the end of the famous furry dance event. Two men, a 24 and a 17-year-old man, both from Lympstone, were arrested in connection with the assault and
DETECTIVES are appealing for information after a 38-year-old Lympstone man was assaulted in the village at the end of the famous furry dance event.
Two men, a 24 and a 17-year-old man, both from Lympstone, were arrested in connection with the assault and released on police bail until October 5.
The victim was left with a wound after he was struck on the head.
The incident happened in Strawberry Hill at the end of the furry dance celebrations.
You may also want to watch:
Police attended and are appealing for witnesses to the altercation to come forward.
Anyone with information should contact crimestoppers on 0800 555111, quoting crime reference number KE/09/2210.
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 6 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 New electric vehicle charging hubs given the green light
- 10 Ban and fine for speeding
Sergeant Phil Godfrey, of Exmouth police, said officers made three arrests in total at the event.
In a separate incident, one man was arrested for a public order offence and fined �80.
This year's Lympstone furry dance festivities included a fete and fun dog show, performances from a children's entertainer and Lympstone band, car boot sale and traditional dance.
The origins of the furry dance date back to the start of last century.