Police appeal following alleged football match assault
The police are appealing for witnesses following an alleged assault that happened while a football match was being played earlier this month.
Officers said a player was left with a fractured lower jaw and displaced teeth while Topsham Town Football Club and Sidmouth Football Club played on Saturday September 10.
Honiton police, investigating the claims, said the match kicked off at 3pm and was played at Sidmouth Football Club.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have information about the player’s injuries.
PC Carly Davies, at Honiton CID, said: “During the second half ,one player received nasty facial injuries, including two fractures to his lower jaw and two displaced teeth.
You may also want to watch:
“This has required extensive treatment in hospital.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to contact Honiton CID on 101, quoting crime reference number KS/11/529, or by telephoning Crimestoppers anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 3 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 4 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 5 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 6 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 7 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police