Police appeal - Exton woman injuries ‘life threatening’
The police are appealing for witnesses after a 22-year-old local woman was left with ‘life threatening’ injuries following a collision at Exton on Thursday afternoon.
The police are appealing for witnesses after a woman was left with life-threatening injuries following a collision on the A376 at Exton on Thursday afternoon.
The police were called to the scene after a collision involving a 22-year-old jogger, local to the Exton area, and a Mercedes SLK 200, driven by a 62-year-old man from the Longdown area.
Officers are appealing for witnesses to the incident. They are particularly keen to trace the driver and passengers travelling in a light blue Rover 75, following the Mercedes.
Shortly after the accident the police said it was believed the woman was suffering from head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
She was taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital. No further information about her condition is available at this time.
Police closed the road in both directions at the George and Dragon Roundabout and the Jet Garage.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 6 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 7 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 8 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 9 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 10 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
Diversions were put in place for several hours.
Tailbacks were reported through Woodbury and along the B310, across Woodbury Common, as city commuters sought alternative routes home to Exmouth.