Police appeal - Exton woman injuries ‘life threatening’
The police are appealing for witnesses after a 22-year-old local woman was left with ‘life threatening’ injuries following a collision at Exton on Thursday afternoon.
The police are appealing for witnesses after a woman was left with life-threatening injuries following a collision on the A376 at Exton on Thursday afternoon.
The police were called to the scene after a collision involving a 22-year-old jogger, local to the Exton area, and a Mercedes SLK 200, driven by a 62-year-old man from the Longdown area.
Officers are appealing for witnesses to the incident. They are particularly keen to trace the driver and passengers travelling in a light blue Rover 75, following the Mercedes.
Shortly after the accident the police said it was believed the woman was suffering from head injuries.
She was taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital. No further information about her condition is available at this time.
Police closed the road in both directions at the George and Dragon Roundabout and the Jet Garage.
- 1 Exmouth RNLI save speedboat sinking on the River Exe
- 2 Exmouth RNLI rescue paddleboards caught in rip tide
- 3 Chef from Exmouth retains Michelin two star status
- 4 Exmouth classic car show returns this August
- 5 South West warning for drought issued
- 6 Plastic free fest held in Exmouth
- 7 Local history: Withycombe Raleigh's churches
- 8 'Step aside, Salcombe' - travel article names Exmouth as Devon's up-and-coming destination
- 9 Volunteers sought for Exmouth charity shop
- 10 Woman dies at scene of house fire in Exmouth
Diversions were put in place for several hours.
Tailbacks were reported through Woodbury and along the B310, across Woodbury Common, as city commuters sought alternative routes home to Exmouth.