Police appeal after ‘unprovoked’ attack
The police are appealing for information after reports of an alleged unprovoked attack took place in an Exmouth pub.
Detectives at Exmouth are appealing for witnesses after an alleged assault took place in a pub.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who saw a man, described as being in his 40s, allegedly head butt another man in what the police are calling an unprovoked attack.
The police said the incident took place at the First and Last pub, Church Street, Exmouth, at around 7.45pm on May 1.
The police are currently studying the pub’s CCTV footage from the evening.
You may also want to watch:
Crime investigator John Ingram said: “A man at the pub that evening is alleging assault by another man - a head butt to the nose, in what has been described as an unprovoked attack, causing injury which required medical treatment at the scene by ambulance crew.”
Police said the man they were keen to trace was around six foot tall, with a bald head. He was wearing blue denim jeans and a denim jacket at the time the alleged assault took place.
- 1 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 4 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 5 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 6 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 7 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 8 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
It is believed the man was in the company of a woman, who was described as being in her 30s, with short black hair and about 5ft 4 inches tall. She was wearing a white top and a black skirt.
Police said the pub was ‘quite busy’ on the night, with a live band playing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Mr Ingram on 08452 777444, quoting crime reference KE/11/1152.