‘Pointless crime’ in Exmouth and more news
Exmouth police are appealing for witnesses after a vehicle parked in the town suffered what officers are calling a ‘pointless crime’. Read this and more.
‘POINTLESS CRIME’: Exmouth police are appealing for witnesses after a vehicle parked in the town suffered what officers are calling a ‘pointless crime’.
The silver Volkswagen fox hatchback had been parked at the rear of the Powder Monkey pub when it was targeted by a vandal between Sunday, October 23, and the following day.
Anyone who may have seen or heard something suspicious is asked to contact the police.
Police community support officer Colin Balch said: “It had its front windscreen smashed and considerable damage caused to the surrounding metal area.
“The damage was caused by using a heavy article.
“The police are asking if anybody did witness this or can provide any information that can help lead to an arrest.”
- 1 Exmouth RNLI save speedboat sinking on the River Exe
- 2 Exmouth RNLI rescue paddleboards caught in rip tide
- 3 Plastic free fest held in Exmouth
- 4 Exmouth classic car show returns this August
- 5 Local history: Withycombe Raleigh's churches
- 6 Chef from Exmouth retains Michelin two star status
- 7 Multi agency rescue on Exmouth seafront
- 8 South West warning for drought issued
- 9 'Step aside, Salcombe' - travel article names Exmouth as Devon's up-and-coming destination
- 10 Exmouth toilets could become an 'eco hub'
Contact PCSO Balch on 101, quoting crime reference KE/11/2776.
OBJECTION: Plans to construct an outbuilding in the garden of an Exmouth home have been recommended for refusal by town planners.
The owners of Willow Bank in Maer Lane said the building would contain a games room, gym and store.
However, planners objected on the grounds of overdevelopment, and because they feared that the new building could be used as residential accommodation in the future.
The plan will now be considered by East Devon District Council.