Pod cast course at Bicton
Students at Bicton College can gain a qualification in pod casting thanks to a new course which aims to boost self-esteem and increase skills.
Students are learning the art of pod casting as part of a new course at Bicton College.
The Preparation for Life, Work and Education course is for young people who have dropped out of education and employment, building up self-esteem and boosting skills.
The course, open to 16 to 18 year olds not currently in education or work, began last week, but latecomers are welcome.
Attendance is two-and-a-half days a week. A free bus runs from Exeter Connexions to Tesco, in Exmouth, to Bicton and back again.
The college said the course would enable students to gain a qualification in digital media.
Pod casting tutor Dale Edwards said: “Vocationally the course allows them to be in the very least aware of what media and information is available to them that can be gained from the internet. Though progressing from that it allows them to create viable information, training and marketing materials for their current or future employers.”
- 1 Fears over future of Methodist church
- 2 More than 600 jobs up for grabs at Travelodge - including in South West
- 3 Property of the Week: Lower Broad Oak Road, West Hill
- 4 Lympstone man takes on 3,000-mile rowing challenge
- 5 Live grenade training to resume on Woodbury Common from next month
- 6 New assistant chief constables at Devon and Cornwall Police
- 7 Win keeps Exmouth Town second with games in hand
- 8 Exmouth history: Roman Devon and the arrival of Saxons
- 9 Strong demand for properties continues into the new year
- 10 Exmouth care home launches new grant to tackle loneliness
For more information drop in to Exeter Connexions, or call Nick on (01395) 562347.