Pod cast course at Bicton
Students at Bicton College can gain a qualification in pod casting thanks to a new course which aims to boost self-esteem and increase skills.
Students are learning the art of pod casting as part of a new course at Bicton College.
The Preparation for Life, Work and Education course is for young people who have dropped out of education and employment, building up self-esteem and boosting skills.
The course, open to 16 to 18 year olds not currently in education or work, began last week, but latecomers are welcome.
Attendance is two-and-a-half days a week. A free bus runs from Exeter Connexions to Tesco, in Exmouth, to Bicton and back again.
You may also want to watch:
The college said the course would enable students to gain a qualification in digital media.
Pod casting tutor Dale Edwards said: “Vocationally the course allows them to be in the very least aware of what media and information is available to them that can be gained from the internet. Though progressing from that it allows them to create viable information, training and marketing materials for their current or future employers.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon
For more information drop in to Exeter Connexions, or call Nick on (01395) 562347.