I wonder if any other readers have noticed reluctance on behalf of the national media to mention the name of our town, Exmouth.
On Tuesday, May 10, the BBC national lunchtime news did an item concerning the award of Blue Flags, in particular, to Torbay.
This was filmed on a shingle beach in Torbay, but went on to show our golden sands at Exmouth, but was not accredited to Exmouth and gave the impression our beach was part of Torbay.
A month or so ago, Countryfile filmed in our area. The presenter was filmed at our docks prior to boarding a boat to collect, if I remember rightly, mussels.
We were told: “I am now at the mouth of The Exe.” Could they not have said Exmouth?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 6 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 7 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 8 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter