Please consider Strand residents
I recently wrote to East Devon District Council, expressing my concerns over the music/entertainment venue planned in the Strand Gardens.
I own a ground floor retail outlet, together with two flats above, overlooking the Strand Gardens.
I asked the council how it planned to control the noise levels of any entertainment being staged. The reply was to “wait and see” what conditions are imposed when the licence is granted.
Many residential flats surround the Strand Gardens and roads leading off also have a large residential population.
I ask all those who share my concerns to contact East Devon District Council to make sure that any music/entertainment licence granted takes into consideration the many residents who may be affected by unacceptable noise levels.
You may also want to watch:
I am sure that all would hope the Strand Gardens development will enhance the town and residents are given full consideration and the area will move forward in harmony.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Delay to train travel this weekend
- 9 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 10 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
2 Powderham View,