Please carry on catering
IT appears that there is currently plenty of off-stage drama on offer at Exmouth Pavilion with the continuing catering contract conflict. I sometimes wonder if I am witnessing scenes from a soap opera or pantomime; I hope we don t end up with a tragedy.
IT appears that there is currently plenty of off-stage drama on offer at Exmouth Pavilion with the continuing catering contract conflict.
I sometimes wonder if I am witnessing scenes from a soap opera or pantomime; I hope we don't end up with a tragedy.
On page 20 of the Journal, February 4, reporter Graham Britton writes: "David Pagett, chief executive of Leisure East Devon, admitted an issue had arisen over the provision of catering services at the caf�." Mr Pagett is quoted as saying: "Discussions are ongoing with the present concessionaire, Mr Farmanieh, with the expectation the matter will be resolved shortly."
In the light of Mr Pagett's statement, it seems somewhat provocative that the Spring 2010 Exmouth Pavilion brochure twice boasts 'Posh Nosh coming soon' and includes an article which begins 'Posh Nosh are absolutely delighted to be joining the Pavilion in April 2010'.
In reply the Pavilion caf� has displayed notices stating: "We (Aby's Catering) are pleased to inform you that we have the right to remain and renew our lease here at Exmouth Pavilion.
"We have every confidence that any issues or differences will be decided and resolved amicably or lawfully."
- 1 Angry passenger keyed a car in disabled parking dispute
- 2 Lympstone Marine trainer halfway through THREE ultra marathon challenge
- 3 Exmouth business create leggings to raise funds for Hospiscare
- 4 Budleigh vineyard wins gold at inaugural wine competition
- 5 Floral boat dedicated to Budleigh fisherman Digger Rogers
- 6 Art exhibition celebrates Jurassic coastline
- 7 Monty creates Jubilee figure for his last East Budleigh Scarecrow Festival
- 8 Season-ticket purchase period extended at Exmouth Town
- 9 Budleigh joins scheme to put East Devon on green tourism map
- 10 Budleigh Music Fest line-up announced
I passionately believe that Aby and his excellent staff have provided a first class, friendly and caring catering service, making the Pavilion caf� a wonderful place to enjoy refreshment, meeting people and feeling valued. What a golden opportunity LED missed last November to thank Aby and his staff for their fantastic work by renewing the lease.
Sadly, they chose to go in a different direction and attempt to dispense with Aby's Catering.
As a regular customer at Exmouth Pavilion, supporting theatrical events and the caf�, I desperately hope that Aby and his amazing team are able to 'Carry on Catering' at Exmouth Pavilion - but the final curtain has still to fall!