Please carry on catering
IT appears that there is currently plenty of off-stage drama on offer at Exmouth Pavilion with the continuing catering contract conflict. I sometimes wonder if I am witnessing scenes from a soap opera or pantomime; I hope we don t end up with a tragedy.
IT appears that there is currently plenty of off-stage drama on offer at Exmouth Pavilion with the continuing catering contract conflict.
I sometimes wonder if I am witnessing scenes from a soap opera or pantomime; I hope we don't end up with a tragedy.
On page 20 of the Journal, February 4, reporter Graham Britton writes: "David Pagett, chief executive of Leisure East Devon, admitted an issue had arisen over the provision of catering services at the caf�." Mr Pagett is quoted as saying: "Discussions are ongoing with the present concessionaire, Mr Farmanieh, with the expectation the matter will be resolved shortly."
In the light of Mr Pagett's statement, it seems somewhat provocative that the Spring 2010 Exmouth Pavilion brochure twice boasts 'Posh Nosh coming soon' and includes an article which begins 'Posh Nosh are absolutely delighted to be joining the Pavilion in April 2010'.
You may also want to watch:
In reply the Pavilion caf� has displayed notices stating: "We (Aby's Catering) are pleased to inform you that we have the right to remain and renew our lease here at Exmouth Pavilion.
"We have every confidence that any issues or differences will be decided and resolved amicably or lawfully."
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 7 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
I passionately believe that Aby and his excellent staff have provided a first class, friendly and caring catering service, making the Pavilion caf� a wonderful place to enjoy refreshment, meeting people and feeling valued. What a golden opportunity LED missed last November to thank Aby and his staff for their fantastic work by renewing the lease.
Sadly, they chose to go in a different direction and attempt to dispense with Aby's Catering.
As a regular customer at Exmouth Pavilion, supporting theatrical events and the caf�, I desperately hope that Aby and his amazing team are able to 'Carry on Catering' at Exmouth Pavilion - but the final curtain has still to fall!