Help say happy 100th birthday to Exmouth war veteran Bob!
- Credit: Sarah ALlen
Can you wish Bob a happy 100th birthday? The Exmouth community has been called upon to send 100 well-wishes to the soon-to-be centenary who lives by himself.
Bob Crum, who turns 100 on Monday, September 14, has been shielding from coronavirus since March.
The World War Two veteran’s friend Sarah Allen has suggested the community rally around Mr Crum, and came up with the idea of 100 cards for 100 years.
Sarah said: “He can’t get out into the community but perhaps the community can connect with him.”
The cards will be read to him and will help to compensate for plans of a big party being dashed due to Covid 19.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wants to send Bob a birthday card can address it to Exmouth Journal, Fair Oak Close, Exeter Airport Business Park, Clyst Honiton, EX5 2UL.
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 3 Sports-related projects set for £300,000 developer cash boost
- 4 'Use any quotation you like, there is a huge problem' - Anthony Bernard
- 5 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 6 Reverend Steve Jones - Finding a Quiet Space
- 7 Budleigh football facing a moral dilemma
- 8 Lets use money from cancelled holidays to help those in need - Anthony Bernard
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Rugby literally back to square one