Plans withdrawn

PUBLISHED: 15:19 25 August 2008 | UPDATED: 09:33 10 June 2010

MONDAY, AUGUST 25: AN application to build 13 retirement homes in Westfield Road has been withdrawn. The plan had been to demolish the two homes at 3 and 5 Westfield Road and create one site for the complex. The application will be welcomed by a committee of neighbours who

AN application to build 13 retirement homes in Westfield Road has been withdrawn.The plan had been to demolish the two homes at 3 and 5 Westfield Road and create one site for the complex.The application will be welcomed by a committee of neighbours who formed to prevent the 13-home site getting the go-ahead.Budleigh Salterton town councillor Dick Mitchell said he hoped any future plans submitted would remain sympathetic to the area."I thought we were going down the right road and the developer was coming around to the right amount of units," said Cllr Mitchell. "What we wouldn't like to see is it getting withdrawn and going back to a block of flats.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Exmouth Journal

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists