Plans submitted to convert former Exmouth care home into 22-bed house
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A former Exmouth care home will be divided up into more than 20 bedrooms if an application gets the green light from district planners.
Paperwork has been submitted to East Devon District Council to change the use of 12-14 Morton Road, to a house of multiple occupation.
The site was formerly St Saviours Residential Home.
If the application is approved, the development would offer 22 individual rooms and be serviced by four parking spaces to the rear of the property, with access onto Victoria Road.
Approval has already been given to transform the nursing home into ten apartments, with the decision made in March 2017.
You may also want to watch:
Another application, which was withdrawn in April 2016, sought to convert the care home into a 18-bedroomed ‘large house’.
A decision on the application will be made by district planners at a future date.
- 1 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 2 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 3 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 7 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 Devon Start Up programme for social entrepreneurs
- 10 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces