Plan for 350 homes on edge of Exmouth recommended for approval
- Credit: East Devon District Council
An application to build 350 new homes on the edge of Exmouth looks set for approval.
The outline planning proposal for the land at Goodmores Farm, Dinan Way, is set to go before East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) development management committee next month.
If given the go ahead, the site would include a mix of open market and affordable homes, the provision of mixed-use employment, land for commercial and community uses and a plot for a provisional primary school.
Council planning officers have recommended that the plan be approved.
In the agenda papers, an EDDC planning officer’s report said: “The site is allocated within the local plan for a mixed use development.
You may also want to watch:
“The application seeks outline consent for a mix of uses in accordance with the allocation and is therefore acceptable in principle.
“Three access points are proposed to serve the site and these are considered to be acceptable in highway safety terms.”
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 4 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 5 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 6 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 7 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 8 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
A decision will be made on the application at EDDC’s development management committee meeting on Tuesday, July 3, at 10am, held at the council chamber, Knowle, Sidmouth.