Picture of Old Woodbury compiled in new book by Roger Stokes
- Credit: Archant
A new book featuring the history of Woodbury, which includes pictures previously featured in the Journal over a period of around five years, has been published.
Compiled by history enthusiast Roger Stokes, it brings together all the pictures that were published as part of the Journal’s Old Woodbury series, which ran between 2007 and 2011.
The book has more than 200 pages of pictures, dating back over many decades.
Mr Stokes recalls events and people from his 78 years of living in Woodbury.
In his introduction, he wrote: “It seemed a good idea to make a compilation of all these (Old Woodbury) pieces into one production, so that they are not lost. After all, they will show newcomers that the village does have a rich history, which, on occasions, could be quite humorous at times.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Stokes has published 100 copies of the book, which costs £19.95. It can be ordered by emailing Mr Stokes at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Season coming to a close at Madeira Bowls
- 2 Is the staycation boom here to stay? Tell us what you think in our tourism survey
- 3 Outpouring of support for Afghan refugees arriving in Exmouth
- 4 East Devon elects new councillor in the Exe Valley
- 5 Probus club members resume 2021 meetings
- 6 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 7 County’s major arts event exceeds expectations in first few days
- 8 Nightingale hospital in running for top industry award
- 9 Yachtsman provides a valuable learning service for watch team
- 10 Local government working together to help Afghan refugees