Picture of Old Woodbury compiled in new book by Roger Stokes
- Credit: Archant
A new book featuring the history of Woodbury, which includes pictures previously featured in the Journal over a period of around five years, has been published.
Compiled by history enthusiast Roger Stokes, it brings together all the pictures that were published as part of the Journal’s Old Woodbury series, which ran between 2007 and 2011.
The book has more than 200 pages of pictures, dating back over many decades.
Mr Stokes recalls events and people from his 78 years of living in Woodbury.
In his introduction, he wrote: “It seemed a good idea to make a compilation of all these (Old Woodbury) pieces into one production, so that they are not lost. After all, they will show newcomers that the village does have a rich history, which, on occasions, could be quite humorous at times.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Stokes has published 100 copies of the book, which costs £19.95. It can be ordered by emailing Mr Stokes at email@example.com
- 1 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 2 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 3 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 4 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 5 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 6 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 7 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 8 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 9 Repair cafe opens again
- 10 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities