Exmouth masons give Pete’s Dragons cash boost
- Credit: Pete's Dragons
Exmouth freemasons have donated vital funds to a suicide bereavement charity in the town.
Pete’s Dragons, based in Exeter Road, have been given a £300 boost towards its work supporting families who have become bereaved by suicide.
The latest donation comes from members of the Per Mare Terram Masonic Lodge No 9355 and brings the total donated by freemasons in recent months to £4,600.
Previously the charity was given £2,500 by the Masonic Charitable Foundation, £1,500 by the Wake Fund and £300 by Exmouth’s Sun Lodge.
While visiting Pete’s Dragon’s HQ to hand over the cheque, masons John Langford and Tom Devin learnt more about the charity.
You may also want to watch:
John said: “We wish the team all the best for the future and congratulate them on their achievements.”
Pete’s Dragons project manager Kate Bedding added: “We’re extremely grateful. The money will enable us to continue the valuable work we do supporting individuals and families across Devon that have been bereaved by suicide.”
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock