Pensioners’ message to election candidates
THE?following has been sent to Devon s political party candidates for the 2010 General Election: Congratulations on being selected by your political party to contest one of Devon s 12 parliamentary seats in the forthcoming general election.
THE?following has been sent to Devon's political party candidates for the 2010 General Election:
Congratulations on being selected by your political party to contest one of Devon's 12 parliamentary seats in the forthcoming general election.
We are writing to you on behalf of our 1,250-plus members and, by extension, on behalf of the 185,000 pensioners in Devon (women over 60 and men over 65) who constitute 24.7% of the electorate.
Devon Pensioners' Action Forum is an active member of the National Pensioners' Convention and we are enclosing with this letter a copy of the NPC's 'Pensioners' Manifesto' from which you will see that the NPC is urging pensioners nationwide to vote only for candidates who support this manifesto.
You may also want to watch:
The purpose of this letter, therefore, is to ask you outright whether you are prepared to support, wholeheartedly, the Pensioners' Manifesto or not. We should like a reply from you, in writing, as soon as possible, so that we may inform our members accordingly. If you choose not to respond then we will assume you have decided against supporting Devon's pensioners in this manner.
We look forward to receiving your reply in the very near future.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 3 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 4 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 5 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 6 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 7 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 8 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 9 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
Albert Venison (president), Sheila Curzon (secretary) and Colin Hadley (chairman),
Devon Pensioners' Action Forum.