Paying to park is many steps closer
EDDC chief executive Mark Williams has recently claimed a need to make some difficult decisions about funding priorities and that these may involve closing some public conveniences in the district. Am I alone in seeing both irony and inconsistency in his
EDDC chief executive Mark Williams has recently claimed a need to make some difficult decisions about funding priorities and that these may involve closing some public conveniences in the district.
Am I alone in seeing both irony and inconsistency in his approach, for, at a time when the public are having to walk considerably greater distances to find an open public loo, anyone parking on the Imperial Recreation Ground will soon have much shorter distances to walk to use a pay machine?
Two new parking pay machines, beyond the public conveniences, but less than 100 yards apart, are currently being installed where none had existed before. Additional money has been spent on signs for them.
Dare I suggest that one centrally placed machine would have been more than adequate and that the cost of the second could have been put to far better use.
You may also want to watch:
May I add that, if the present Sidmouth regime is incapable of providing the necessary level of public conveniences, then they must not be allowed to sell off the land concerned to developers.
To do so so would severely constrain the ability to reinstate the facilities by any subsequent competent administration - though it may explain the real reason behind the closures.
- 1 Outpouring of support for Afghan refugees arriving in Exmouth
- 2 Local government working together to help Afghan refugees
- 3 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 4 Wider ramifications of this summer's traveller troubles
- 5 Jack does the trick in Budleigh victory
- 6 Round-robin barbecue event huge success
- 7 Exmouth Harrier Jenny Reay excels at Newton Abbot Ladies 10km
- 8 Huge lifestyle changes are needed to avert disaster
- 9 Festival is blessed with sunshine and celebrities
- 10 Difficult decisions needed to tackle big issues
Kastri, Coleridge Close,