Payback for bloom efforts
Budleigh in Bloom have had great help in their new project up Fore Street Hill from a group of Community Payback workers.
Budleigh in Bloom have had great help in their new project up Fore Street Hill from a group of Community Payback workers. They spent Thursday and Friday clearing the area, working very hard and did a wonderful job.
Our thanks goes out to them and their supervisor and also to the residents surrounding the area, a couple of whom came out with tea and coffee to keep them going.
We will be continuing to work on this area over the next couple of months, seeing what grows through again, adding a shrub or two, painting up the bench and putting more bulbs in for spring. Hopefully, in the end, we will achieve a nice shady area that needs minimum maintenance.
This year's South West in Bloom judges will be in Budleigh on the morning of Tuesday, July 21, so we would appreciate it if you could all put this date in your diary, as the judges will want to go all over Budleigh to see how lovely it is.
You may also want to watch:
Flat 2, 20 Station Road,
- 1 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 2 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 3 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 4 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 5 Rugby hopeful for a brighter summer
- 6 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 7 Town council’s slice of tax bill set to decrease
- 8 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 9 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 10 Sports-related projects set for £300,000 developer cash boost