Payback for bloom efforts
Budleigh in Bloom have had great help in their new project up Fore Street Hill from a group of Community Payback workers.
Budleigh in Bloom have had great help in their new project up Fore Street Hill from a group of Community Payback workers. They spent Thursday and Friday clearing the area, working very hard and did a wonderful job.
Our thanks goes out to them and their supervisor and also to the residents surrounding the area, a couple of whom came out with tea and coffee to keep them going.
We will be continuing to work on this area over the next couple of months, seeing what grows through again, adding a shrub or two, painting up the bench and putting more bulbs in for spring. Hopefully, in the end, we will achieve a nice shady area that needs minimum maintenance.
This year's South West in Bloom judges will be in Budleigh on the morning of Tuesday, July 21, so we would appreciate it if you could all put this date in your diary, as the judges will want to go all over Budleigh to see how lovely it is.
You may also want to watch:
Flat 2, 20 Station Road,
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 3 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
- 6 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 10 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer