Payback for bloom efforts
Budleigh in Bloom have had great help in their new project up Fore Street Hill from a group of Community Payback workers.
Budleigh in Bloom have had great help in their new project up Fore Street Hill from a group of Community Payback workers. They spent Thursday and Friday clearing the area, working very hard and did a wonderful job.
Our thanks goes out to them and their supervisor and also to the residents surrounding the area, a couple of whom came out with tea and coffee to keep them going.
We will be continuing to work on this area over the next couple of months, seeing what grows through again, adding a shrub or two, painting up the bench and putting more bulbs in for spring. Hopefully, in the end, we will achieve a nice shady area that needs minimum maintenance.
This year's South West in Bloom judges will be in Budleigh on the morning of Tuesday, July 21, so we would appreciate it if you could all put this date in your diary, as the judges will want to go all over Budleigh to see how lovely it is.
You may also want to watch:
Flat 2, 20 Station Road,
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 4 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 5 John and Grace run for the heart
- 6 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 7 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 8 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 9 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 10 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment