Payback for bloom efforts
Budleigh in Bloom have had great help in their new project up Fore Street Hill from a group of Community Payback workers.
Budleigh in Bloom have had great help in their new project up Fore Street Hill from a group of Community Payback workers. They spent Thursday and Friday clearing the area, working very hard and did a wonderful job.
Our thanks goes out to them and their supervisor and also to the residents surrounding the area, a couple of whom came out with tea and coffee to keep them going.
We will be continuing to work on this area over the next couple of months, seeing what grows through again, adding a shrub or two, painting up the bench and putting more bulbs in for spring. Hopefully, in the end, we will achieve a nice shady area that needs minimum maintenance.
This year's South West in Bloom judges will be in Budleigh on the morning of Tuesday, July 21, so we would appreciate it if you could all put this date in your diary, as the judges will want to go all over Budleigh to see how lovely it is.
You may also want to watch:
Flat 2, 20 Station Road,
- 1 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 2 Repair cafe opens again
- 3 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 4 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 5 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 6 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 7 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 8 Welcome opportunity to celebrate natural beauty of pebblebed heaths
- 9 Extraordinary win for Budleigh Seconds
- 10 Beacon of success: a tribute to the life and times of Spud Rowsell