Park illegally and face a ticket - Exmouth police warn
If you park on double yellow lines in Littleham you face getting slapped with a ticket in a police crackdown on reducing traffic congestion and illegal parking.
Park illegally in Littleham and you could face a fine – that is the message from Exmouth police who are clamping down on culprits who park on double yellow lines.
Speeding, illegal parking and congestion are a few concerns Littleham police plan to clampdown on in the next month.
Police community support officer Malcolm Maguire said vehicle congestion in and around Littleham Cross would also be tackled.
He said: “Littleham neighbourhood policing team will be working alongside civil enforcement officers to ensure the drivers do not abuse and respect the double yellow lines and to also ensure that drivers to not double park or park on a junction.
You may also want to watch:
“Residents would also like to see the introduction of a 30-minute waiting zone. This has been desired for some time and is in the hands of Devon County Council.”
The issues were raised at the recent Littleham Together and Littleham Together West Partners and Communities Together (PACT) meeting.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 6 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 7 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 8 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 9 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
Littleham PCSO Maguire said concerns over vehicles speeding along Douglas Avenue and Littleham Road had also been raised by the panels.