Park and ride for Exmouth?
A park-and-ride scheme on Exmouth seafront could encourage shoppers to stay in the town.
Councillor Jean Mitchell made the suggestion at the town’s general purposes and regeneration committee meeting on Monday.
She said a park-and-ride system in Sidmouth on Saturdays and Sundays from The Knowle could be emulated.
Cllr Mitchell suggested using one of the seafront car parks, such as the largely unused Maer facility, as a base.
“I think we should explore that possibility,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“At the moment, people just drive up and down the seafront to find somewhere to park and, when they don’t find anywhere, they just turn round and drive away and go somewhere else.
“We should find out how successful the park-and-ride scheme is in Sidmouth to see if it is practical.”
- 1 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 2 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 3 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 5 Sound move to join singing group
- 6 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 7 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 10 With your help we can hit our target: zero road deaths and injuries