Paramedics attend to man after Exmouth fire
A MAN suffering from smoke inhalation needed medical attention after a flat fire in Exmouth.
Paramedics attended to the male following the incident which happened on the third floor of a block of flats in Rolle Street at around 4.45am on Wednesday, January 26.
Two fire crews attended the scene with group commander Swallow in charge. They used a bucket of water to extinguish the fire.
It is the second fire to occur in Rolle Street this week.
In a separate incident, a fire broke out in the bedroom of a second-floor flat at around 7.35am on Monday, January 24.
The police closed off Rolle Street by the junction with High Street and near Bicton Street for around 30 minutes to allow the crews to deal with the incident.
One hose reel jet and a positive ventilation fan were used to put out the blaze.
- 1 Devon County Council launch consultation for residents parking in Exmouth
- 2 Local history: St John in the Wilderness Church
- 3 Exmouth nurse doing charity wing-walk this Sunday
- 4 Teenager tangled in buoy on River Exe
- 5 Woman dies at scene of house fire in Exmouth
- 6 For all our problems, we are in a far better position than most
- 7 Will people talk in 40 years about the 2022 heatwave like we talk about 1976?
- 8 Consultation launched as county council proposes residents' parking permit scheme in Exmouth
- 9 Melbourne magic from a flying Exmouth Harrier
- 10 Charities picking up the pieces
An Exmouth police spokesperson said it appeared there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the fire.