Overnight fire at Exmouth home

PUBLISHED: 09:52 29 January 2016 | UPDATED: 09:52 29 January 2016

Archant

Fire crews were called out overnight to a fire at a home in Exmouth.

Crews were called at 2.10am to reports of a fire at a flat in Portland Avenue.

The fire involved an electrical fuse box in the ground floor flat of a three-storey house of multiple occupancy.

Two fire appliances from Exmouth Fire Station were sent to the incident, and on arrival they requested a further two appliances as the building was heavily smoke logged.

Further appliances from Budleigh Salterton and Middlemoor were mobilised and also an incident command unit from Honiton.

Crews extinguished the fire, and all residents were accounted for.

The cause of the fire was said to be accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal