Otterton twinners get steamed up
The Otterton-Vieux Twinning Association held a fundraising event at the old station, raising �340 for future twinning events.
Visitors were treated to free rides on a third-scale Welsh narrow gauge engine, thanks to railway enthusiast John Edmonds, who runs trains at Peco, in Beer.
Visitors gave donations on the day to ride the miniature train, which raised �340 for future twinning association events.
Committee member Bonnie Blackwell said the group was ‘pleased’ with the funds.
She said: “It was a good day. We are so grateful that John and Margaret Edmonds let us use the Old Station for fundraising. It was lovely.”
You may also want to watch:
The Otterton-Vieux Twinning Association will celebrate its 35th anniversary, next year.
In 2011, the members will travel to Guernsey – the halfway point - to meet their French counterparts.
- 1 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 2 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 5 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 6 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Sound move to join singing group
- 9 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 10 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
l The Otterton-Vieux Twinning Association is holding a fundraising quiz night at Otterton village hall on October 13.
All are welcome.