Otterton pupils visit Parliament
POLITICALLY-minded pupils from Otterton Primary School were shown round the Houses of Parliament by Hugo Swire, the MP for East Devon.
Seventeen youngsters from the school were given a tour round Parliament by Mr Swire, the Minister for Northern Ireland, last week.
They were able to visit the House of Lords chamber during their visit.
The tour provided the context for pupils’ learning about the work and role of Parliament.
Deborah Evans, teacher at Otterton Primary School, said the children had a great time.
You may also want to watch:
Making their trip extra special, she added: “We also spotted the Prime Minister as he came out of Downing Street in his car.”
A choice of curriculum-focused workshops followed their tour which included a question and answer session.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 5 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 8 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 9 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 10 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan